[Gambas-user] Gambas Apps Dependencies

Nx GT-R BOY nxgtrturbo at ...626...
Fri Aug 29 15:32:30 CEST 2008

Gambas Apps Dependencies

Hi, I have reach a point where I cant code all by me, so I have decide to
use a program to send emails notifications from sendmail.

So I want my app check for the program, if found, use it, if not, install
it.
For check the app existence I was thinking something like "whereis sendmail"

But how do I catch the console answer?
Now, another question, if the program exist, its Ok, but if not, what would
be the best way to install it as easy as possible for the user?

I was thinking: su (or sudo?), apt-get install sendmail, and then wait (how
do I know when its done?) for the installation.
Of course theres another issues like internet problems and so on, but will
try ti figure out the solution later, now the most important is to catch
console results.

Thanks in advance, NxGTR

--
http://tallerhuertas.googlepages.com/