[Gambas-user] Embed xfce4 panel into gambas application

Joshua Higgins joshiggins at ...1601...
Wed Aug 20 21:24:57 CEST 2008

Aaah... I see now why you need something other than the title. I tried your
syntax and it didn't work, but I can't figure out the correct syntax from
the help files. Anyone familiar with embedders?

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:52 PM, M0E Lnx <m0e.lnx at ...626...> wrote:

> My problem is that I'm embedding GParted into a gambas application.
> And the title property of the window changes depending on the type of
> hard drives present on the box... it could either be "/dev/sda -
> GParted" or "/dev/hda - GParted"
>
> I used xprop as suggested, and came up with the WM_CLASS string of
> "gpartedbin","Gpartedbin" which seem to me more accurate than my
> previous method..
>
> But I tried Desktop.Find("","gpartedbin") and
> desktop.find("","Gpartedbin") and none seem to work
>
> I'm guessing my syntax is not correct
>
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 4:38 PM, Joshua Higgins
> <joshiggins at ...1601...> wrote:
> > I'm not familiar with the way window managers and X work, but as Beniot
> said
> > the only way I know how to find out the WM_CLASS of a window is using
> xprop.
> >

> > I have found out though whilst trying to get the Xfce Panel embedded is
> that
> > the WM_CLASS is no more unique than the name. The two Xfce panels have
> the
> > same name, the same class and the same role, so I can't really see how
> any
> > of these are more accurate, unless of course your window has no title.
> >
> > As far as I can tell what you wrote should work, I'll have a go when I
> get
> > back to my Linux box :)
> >
> > --- josh
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:19 PM, M0E Lnx <m0e.lnx at ...626...> wrote:
> >
> >> Ok... so this may be a more accurate method than the window title is
> >> in some cases...
> >>
> >> How does one go about finding and embedding an application using the
> >> WM_CLASS property instead of the title?
> >>
> >> Can someone give me a sample line?
> >>
> >> Desktop.Find("","APPCLASS") ' Will this work???

> >> Benoit.

> so i
> >> shown

> its

> window,

> great
> >> world

> >> challenge
> >> prizes
> >> world
> >> challenge
> >> Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great
> >> prizes
> >> Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
> world
> >> http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
> >>

> > --
> > joshua higgins
> challenge
> > Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great
> prizes
> > Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
> world

joshua higgins