[Gambas-user] execute shell command then exit

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Aug 16 19:20:44 CEST 2008

On samedi 16 août 2008, joshiggins wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need my gambas program to execute another program then close itself,
> leaving the other program running. Using the SHELL command then Me.Close in
> the startup form doesnt work, my gambas app keeps on running. I have also
> tried using EXEC to the same effect. How can this be achieved?
>
> Thanks.

Actually in Unix a parent process should always wait for the termination of
its child processes.

So by default Gambas programs do that.

Moreover, child processes are running in the environment of their parent, so
they share things.

How is it a problem for you?

--
Benoit Minisini