[Gambas-user] Stack Overflow

Jason Hackney jshackney at ...626...
Sat Aug 16 19:05:05 CEST 2008

I am a most humble user as well :-) I do appreciate the input from testing
however, it can lead me in the right direction.

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Kari Laine <klaine8 at ...626...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tested project in Gambas 2.7 SUSE 10.3 x86 and I did not get stack error
> or any others. Can you be more specific in what situation the error occurs.
> I can test it but not fix as I am a humble user :-)
>
> Best Regards
> Kari Laine

This is how it breaks:

1) Uncomment the code block dealing with the baggage weight. It starts with:
"PUBLIC SUB txtBaggageWeight_Change()"
2) Either compile or run from IDE.
3) On the form that appears, you can tab to the Baggage field or
double-click it (select it somehow) and start typing a number (I haven't
implemented much error-checking yet, so don't type an alpha character--that
will make my application angry :)
4) Gaze in awe at "Stack Overflow".
5) Repeat until the euphoria wears off.

I'd really like to know if this works on 2.5, but I have a feeling I'm the
last one using 2.5 right now :)

Like I mentioned before, the code for Baggage is essentially the same as the
9 fields above it on the form with the appropriate corrections for variable
names.

So, I think there may be a few problems:

1) Poor code/technique (I am trying to learn this thing after all), which
has a very high probability.
2) Some bug in 2.5 that has been squashed by 2.7 (I think this is also very
likely)
3) Gremlins.

If it's meaningful, my setup is x86, kubuntu, and gb 2.5.

I am trying to compile 2.7, but the kde, qt, and odbc libraries are giving
me a headache. So I've suspended that plan for now.

Cheers!