[Gambas-user] Gridview multiple select... how to read each selected row?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Apr 15 16:56:30 CEST 2008

On mardi 15 avril 2008, Rob wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 April 2008 10:06, Stephen Bungay wrote:
> >    Many thanks to Benoit for pointing out that 'rows' does indeed
> > have a 'selected' property. Dunno how I missed finding it, but I
> > did.
>
> It's kind of hard to find the .GridViewRow page in the documentation
> because the .GridViewRows page doesn't actually link to it for some
> reason.  You would have to click on the words "read-only" in
> the .GridViewRows page which takes you to the _get page which in turn
> has a link to .GridViewRow.
>
> Google can't find any pages that link to the .GridViewRow page at all.
> Not having the virtual classes listed in any of the indexes will
> probably create a lot of confusing cases like this.  I wonder if we
> should have something more obvious than the "read-only" link to get
> to the child virtual classes of enumerable classes.
>
> Of course, Benoit might have fixed this in a more recent version of
> the documentation program and it just can't be installed on our
> server because our version of Mandriva -- er, excuse me, Mandrake --
> is too old. ;-)
>
> Rob

No, I didn't "fix" that. The automatic generation of documentation page is not
clever enough to present it in a more accessible way.

There is maybe a solution: if I rename virtual classes by following some sort
of convention, I could present it differently.

Or the better solution would be just adding some explanation on the GridView
documentation page.

Benoit Minisini