[Gambas-user] Gambas2-2.5.0 does not start under Ubuntu-7.10

Charles Trois charles.trois at ...1661...
Wed Apr 9 17:05:42 CEST 2008

Hello!

I run Ubuntu 7.10 on an Intel iMac.

I have just downloaded the source of Gambas2-2.5.0 and compiled it in
the standard way.

When I try to start it by typing "gambas2" in the console, I get an
error message:

ERROR: #27: Cannot load component 'gb.form.dialog': cannot find library file

That seems strange, as the two following files can be found:

file:///usr/local/lib/gambas2/gb.form.dialog.gambas

file:///usr/local/lib/gambas2/gb.form.dialog.component

It seems that that bug has been reported before, but not solved. Is it a
Gambas bug or an Ubuntu bug? In either case, I would be glad if someone
got interested and came forward with a solution.

Cheers.

Charles