[Gambas-user] Settings bug

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Apr 7 15:13:13 CEST 2008

On lundi 7 avril 2008, Jaap Cramer wrote:
> I use the gb.settings module to save some data. I dont know what you want
> to now? I use Gambas 2.4.1 The data for my project are (as is default)
> stored in ~/.config/gambas/aplicationname.conf. Since my program is called
> 'hebr3' the config file is called also hebr3.conf
>
> to save and re-use the window-state of my program I use
> form.x = Settings["form/x"]
> the same for .y, .h, and .w
>
> My question is, why there is no configfile created when my friend runs my
> project in AndLinux. If I run that project in Ubuntu there is a configfile
> created, if none exist. Could this be a Gambas bug in gb.Settings? Or maybe
> a AndLinux bug?
>
> I hope its more clear now...
>
> Jaap

The Settings file is created/saved when the program stops, or if you call
explicitely Settings.Save in your program.

It can be a bug in the program. For example, QUIT prevents Settings.Save to be
called automatically, and maybe you use it, and it is called only in the
context of your friend's computer.

Try to call Settings.Save explicitely to see if it changes anything.

--
Benoit Minisini