[Gambas-user] How to remove the marquee of a list (ie the highlighted line color)

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Apr 1 23:03:20 CEST 2008

On mardi 1 avril 2008, richard terry wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:22:09 am Benoit Minisini wrote:
> > On mardi 1 avril 2008, richard terry wrote:
> > > On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 01:21:17 pm you wrote:
> > >
> > > Stiill can't get this to work - I get an overflow error the minute I
> > > introduce
> >
> > No, you get a "stack overflow" error I guess. Do you know what it is?
>
> Well, not really, except when I programmed in FORTH we used to use a
> 'stack' and a return stack to plonk numbers/addresses etc  on for later
> use. I guess its a space limited hole that when it gets filled up it
> complains.
>

> Whatever the case I can't get it to work, I'll try and make a little
> project up to illustrate in the next few days
> .
>
> Richard

The stack, in Gambas, is a fixed memory pool where all function argument and
context are stored. As function calls are imbricated, if you call functions
too deeply, you can run out of this fixed memory pool, and got a "stack
overflow" error.

In your case, I think that you indirectly raise a specific event from the
handler of its event, and so lead to an infinite imbrication of function
calls. You can check it in the stack backtrace in the IDE when you get
the "stack overflow" error.

--
Benoit Minisini