[Gambas-user] Big change in database component

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Sep 11 20:48:58 CEST 2007

Hi,

The database component is now case sensitive, i.e. table names, field names
and index names are now all case sensitive.

This should fix indirectly many problems:
* A field, index or table name can be a SQL reserved word.
* Field names that mix upper case and lower case are displayed 'as is'.
* The behaviour should be more consistent across all database drivers.

I tried to make it optional, but there are too many differences in the
behaviour of all databases to do that reliably.

So, by using SQL quoting in all requests, case sensitivity is now forced.

It is yet possible to have the dbResult["field"] syntax case unsensitive. Tell
me if you find that useful.

And of course, tell me if you encounter any problem with your own databases,
as this is only tested on my local machine!

Benoit Minisini