[Gambas-user] Ideas for developing

Tomas Eroles i Forner tomas.eroles at ...277...
Sat Oct 27 18:24:32 CEST 2007

El sáb, 27-10-2007 a las 12:41 +0200, Benoit Minisini escribió:
> On samedi 27 octobre 2007, Tomas Eroles i Forner wrote:
> > Hi all!
> > As an idea, I believe it could be useful to add a small part in the IDE
> > as a little help for propierties.
> > I explain myself: sometimes is not easy to remember the properties or
> > the real meaning of a control, and have to do some tests. For example,
> > Background and Foreground properties are easy, but, what does it means
> > the Tag property in a HSplit control?
> > Then, my proposition is to put ballons or a small text on the bottom of
> > list properties, for example, where to explain the meaning of a
> > property.
> > Background: Sets the color for the background of the control
> > Expand: Sets if control expands its size when form is maximized
> >
> > Something like that.
> >
> > Bye
> >

> This is a good idea, but who will write that? This is an huge job!
>
> And these help text must be translatable in any language.
>
> Concretely, to be easily translatable, they should be put directly inside the
> IDE, in a module, with translatable strings. This way:
>
> ' Module MPropertyHelp
>
> PUBLIC Help AS New Collection
>
> PUBLIC SUB _init()
>
>   Help["Control.Background"] = ("Background color of the control")
>   Help["Control.Foreground"] = ("Foreground color of the control")
>   Help["Control.Tag"] = ("Put whatever you want in this property")
>   Help["Control.Expand"] = ("Tells if the control should expand as much as
> possible inside its container, provided that the container Arrangement
> property is set.")
>   Help["HSplit.Layout"] = ("List of each HSplit pane dimensions")
>
> END
>
> Many properties are inherited, so, for example, you just have to write
> Help["Control.Background"] for the Background property of all controls.
>
> Write this module, and I will make the balloon tooltips appears. :-)
>
> Regards,

Hi again
Is it possible to define a string property for each property of each
control (HelpText) and put this text in this property?

I think like this you don't need to create a new collection.

Perhaps like this you'll have to define a small place in the screen,
like a read only text which shows that text for each property.

bye