[Gambas-user] Marketing

Werner wdahn at ...1000...
Fri Nov 30 19:42:46 CET 2007

> English is not my language, so I am not aware of all the meaning hidden behind
> words and expressions.
>
> "Gambas almost means BASIC" is just a recursive acronym, it does not aim at
> meaning actually anything. Anyway, "almost means" should not mean the same
> thing as "almost is" as you wrote.
>
> The Gambas shrine is just another play on words.
>
> I don't know if this is the best *we* can do, but it is just what *I* did. :-)
>
> What is underlying is that I don't want to take Gambas and computing languages
> too seriously. I don't like marketing too. I am not good at that anyway.
>
> This is a programming language, and a development environment. The only real
> way to know what there is inside is using it. So I could have put random
> words on the web site main page, I don't think it would have change a lot of
> thing. :-)
>
> But if you have some proposal to make the web site clearer and better, you are
> welcome to send them.
>
> Regards,

How about something like

        The easiest way to write a program for Linux.

or
        Programming in the Fast Lane

I started using Gambas as I needed to write a fairly simple GUI program
really quick but I had not written software in over a decade and my
knowledge of Linux was almost nil. It would be interesting to know why
other people started using it.