[Gambas-user] Marketing

Werner wdahn at ...1000...
Wed Nov 28 13:22:42 CET 2007

Hello,

I have been on and off this mailing list for 3 years now and have used
Gambas once a year for a charity event. I like it very much.

I had a look at http://gambas.sourceforge.net/ and somehow the headlines
struck me as odd:

    1) Gambas almost means BASIC
    2) Welcome to the Gambas shrine!

Say if I was a programmer sitting on a pile of VB code and trying to
escape the claws of Microsoft I might google around and eventually find
the web site. Being overworked/tired, I might easily read this as:

    1) Gambas is almost BASIC (I would propably not be familiar with
GNU's not UNIX)
I could give me the impression that the the software is in alpha state
and/or is only a little bit like BASIC.

    2) Gambas shrine/ashram/temple? These must be some religious nuts.

Seriously, is this the best we can do when Gambas is about to pass an
important milestone? None of the headers give any hint of what Gambas
actually is.

Sorry for being provocative.

Best Regards
Werner Dahn