[Gambas-user] Doubts in execute shell commands

Tomas Eroles i Forner tomas.eroles at ...277...
Thu Nov 8 22:05:01 CET 2007

Hi all!
I have some problems with EXEC and SHELL commands:
I would like to plot data with gnuplot from a Gambas application using:

SUB button1_Click()
   EXEC ["gnuplot", "graph1.plt"] WAIT
END

where graph1.plt is a valid gnuplot file.

The problem is when GAMBAS executes this command a window appears in the
screen showing the graphs, but it disapears inmediately.
I've tried to add a pause command in the graph1.plt file and it works,
but only for a while, and I would like one of these solutions:
- the graph appears in a form but I don't know in which control (if
possible)
- the graph appears as a new window, but, the user can close this window

Any idea?

thanks in advance