[Gambas-user] About distributions and compatibility of Gambas

Tomas Eroles i Forner tomas.eroles at ...277...
Thu Nov 8 09:45:24 CET 2007

Hi all!
I read in last messages that some of you have problems with Gambas in
your distros.

I started with Linux six or seven years ago with Mandrake 8.0, 9, 10 and
10.1. After that I've installed Fedora Core.
All systems were quite good, but with some problems.

I'm working now with openSuSE. I started with 9.0, 9.3 and 10. Now I'm
using SuSE 10.2. I'm very happy, not only for GAMBAS, but also for all
software I'm using.
Several days after I've downloaded this version, openSuSE published
10.3. I don't plan to download and install it after several months,
because I think perhaps is inmature. My strategy is to install a version
when the next one is ready.
SuSE is very easy to install, and easy to mantain.
GAMBAS has not problems, works fine and quick, and never hangs.

Perhaps I can't use apt-get, ok, but SuSE works fine with RPM packages.

I like it very much, I haven't any problems. It's a very good
distribution. If you're tired about using a lot uf distros, I think this
is a very good option.

Hope help
Regards