[Gambas-user] Gambas still looks ugly

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Thu Nov 1 15:32:55 CET 2007

Fredrik Hansson ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I applied the fix for the bug where qt3 caused Gambas to open up in
> crazy sizes, fonts etc. Now it opens up, but:
> * fonts are way too small
> * the window of my application is set to 800x600 in my code, but it's
> far too small
> * foreground color seems to be = background color in the editor, welcome
> screen etc (and also in qtconfig!) making it almost impossible to work
> I know it's not Gamba's fault - but is there a way to get it right?
>
> All this started when I made:
> 1. a fresh install of Ubuntu 7.10 i386 (Ubuntustudio) - I use Gnome
> 2. Ubuntu's Gambas2 = 1.9.49
>
> /Fredrik H

I've found this solution for Ubuntu 7.10:
open synaptic (or apt-get) and install kde-systemsettings and kcontrol
(and all their dependencies); then, first run kcontrol and set your
preferences, than run systemsettings and set them another time!
Now you have your KDE/Qt applications look as you desire :-)

--
Ciao.
Leo.

Web: www.leonardomiliani.com
E-mail: leonardo at ...1237...
Scegli software opensource - Choose opensource software