[Gambas-user] Best desktop manager to run Gambas

Leonardo Miliani leonardo at ...1237...
Tue May 15 15:54:12 CEST 2007

Which one is the best desktop manager to run Gambas IDE and Gambas
applications: Gnome or KDE?
I've seen that my Gambas applications, developed using Qt/KDE widgets
under Suse 10.2 and KDE 3.5.6, don't look very well on Ubuntu with Gnome
2.18. The aspect ratio of the forms, widgets and labels is incorrect and
 there are some other little problems (like a "kbuildsycoca running"
every time I launch a program via Gambas IDE).
I would also like to know if there is an "ultimate" solution for the
aspect ratio problem.
I've noticed that Gambas doesn't check the resolution of the screen when
it starts rendering a form but checks the font width of the system. This
is strange and comes with the aspect ratio issues that I've posted before.

--
Ciao.
Leo.

Web: www.leonardomiliani.com
E-mail: leonardo at ...1237...
Scegli software opensource - Choose opensource software