[Gambas-user] Re; Grid / Double Click

ron ronstk at ...239...
Mon May 7 18:31:53 CEST 2007

On Monday 07 May 2007 14:36, David Villalobos Cambronero wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I think the problem about compilation is not in the processs, it is so easy, (./configure, make, make install) I think the problem is that most of us don't know all the package dependences, so we can't install those ones.

hmmm: the doc say's " './configure -C' , 'make' and 'make install' "
But general spoken this is true.

>     For example, I installed Cambas 1.9.25 by rpm on Mandriva 2007 (thanks to  Rob Kudla) but if try to compile I can't because of the dependences.
>
>     We need (at least me) a complete list of package dependences, AND the path where they are supposed to be

goto to
http://gambas.sourceforge.net/    <-- select "in menu left" 'Wiki Encyclopaedia'
http://gambasdoc.org/help         <--  select "Documents" 'HowTo...'
http://gambasdoc.org/help/howto   <-- select "C" 'How To Compile Gambas'
http://gambasdoc.org/help/howto/compile <-- select "How To Compile Gambas" 'README'
http://gambasdoc.org/help/readme

It is a bit puzzle to find it but the 'readme' is a small overview you and I did
ask a few days back. However it shows the binairy libs, not the *-dev packages.

Below the table there is with exclamation symbol a note:
	**And do not forget to install all related development packages!**

For most the names are common but -dev added and version number.
A bad point is there are some distributions changing the original name the
developer has given to there project.
For other you need the website of the developer team (i.e curl).

Second the developers a defined layout of intall point, documentation and configuration.
(K)Ubuntu has renamed the CUPS default user:group to something else resulting in
CUPS can't open a error_log file due permissions. Also not following 100% debian rules.
SuSE dropt the documentation in /usr/doc/packages/package-name and in the doc are
links to /usr/doc/package-name, you see what (can) goes wrong.

In very old gambas documentation there was in the past a page with required version
numbers for the libXYZ-dev but I can't find it anymore. :(
This was a problem for me with libcurl-7.1xy in the past.
The curl component was developed with the last version, not available on SuSE9.1
at that time. I did compile it myself but the result was incompatible with SuSE9.1-Yast.
Some little configuration differences done by SuSE.

It,s not always easy to do it perfect, and make everyone happy.

My 2 cents,
Ron