[Gambas-user] Look for Gambas tutorials

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Mar 29 15:48:55 CEST 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007 08:58, Leonardo Miliani wrote:
> David Villalobos Cambronero ha scritto:
> > I think we should work in a documentation project, I mean
> > Gambas is GREAT!!!! but some times is very dificult to find
> > examples and tutorials....
> The Gambas documentations laks in a lot of parts: sometimes
> some parts miss, sometimes some parts are very generic and
> without explaing examples, sometimes else some parts are too
> out-of-date. This is the only bad thing about this great
> language.

Yeah, we tried to take care of that years ago with the wiki, but
it got out of control (between the version update process and
the many security holes with Twiki constantly letting spammers
in) so Benoit had to write the current documentation system from
scratch.

But there's no reason that people who find flaws in the
documentation can't either correct those flaws, or at least mark
the page as wrong or out of date.  If we could come up with a
convention to mark pages that way, then it would be a lot easier
to search for the "out of date" marker for someone looking to
help update the documentation.

Last I looked, there were still Gambas tutorials on the web from
like version 0.40, so I hope someone with some free time will
either update them or write new ones.

Rob