[Gambas-user] pictures inside a DB

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Mon Mar 26 19:22:28 CEST 2007

On Monday 26 March 2007 11:54, Steven Lobbezoo wrote:
> Well, I only got a lot of help, and adapted it a bit.
> Still looking for a possibility to read blobs without
> writinig them to files !

I think the problem with not being able to read blobs into images
isn't a problem with gb.db, but with the Image and Picture
types.

Qt and Gtk can both take chunks of data and use them as image
objects without being written to disk, but I don't think those
methods are exposed in Gambas due to the tricky nature of
handling raw data in a string.  Maybe the ImageMagick component
will make that possible whenever it gets written.

Rob