[Gambas-user] gb.ldap and other

David Paleino d.paleino at ...626...
Tue Jun 26 21:01:15 CEST 2007

Il giorno Tue, 26 Jun 2007 20:55:14 +0200
Benoit Minisini <gambas at ...1...> ha scritto:

> On mardi 26 juin 2007, David Paleino wrote:
> >
> > The "&" character wasn't "now shown", was "converted to a space".
> > In fact, if I double it ("&&"), I get a double space in
> > Message.Info():
> >
> > (  (debbugsID=foo)(debbugsPackage=bar))
> >
> > However I think that shortcuts in Message boxes are useless: they
> > should be used only in menus. Am I wrong?
>
> The gb.gtk component was in early alpha version in 1.9.49. And I'm
> started to work on it since the release, so I strongly suggest that
> you compile gambas from the source repository, so that you always
> have the latest development version.

I find using Debian packages much more comfortable. I'll wait for a new
version then :-)
(or I'll make a Debian package from a svn snapshot)

> Anyway, I didn't modify any code in the interpretation of message box
> text, so it should be a bug. I will look at it.

Thanks for taking care.

> As for the gb.ldap component, it seems that the author of the
> component wrote some documentation about it in the wiki, but in
> italian (its native language). I suggest you contact it directly to
> see if he will explain to you how to use it in english. As I don't
> know LDAP and never used it at all, it is a bit difficult for me.

I'm Italian as well, forgot it? :-)

(I was one of the gambasdoc.org translators)

> If he agrees, please talk about the gb.ldap component on the
> mailing-list, so that everything is archived.

Sure, I'll do.

> Regards,

Kindly,
David