[Gambas-user] SHELL problems

Steven Lobbezoo steven at ...1652...
Tue Jun 19 17:59:47 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I know it's a bit of topic, but i'l try anyway :
In certain circumstances i need to install a printer
in the CUPS printer system.
With a few shell commands, thats no problem, but ....

I need to go into root -mode (su), to be able to perform this.
The user (and i for that) know the root password.
I cannot find a way to
- set the root password from a bash script,    or
- convey the password question to the user and let him type it.

I donnot want to enable root accounts without a password for the obvious
raisons, however there is not much securety risk with the end-user. It's just
a work-station with no important data, and all is allways backed-up.

Anybody has any ideas ?

Steven