[Gambas-user] Packages for Ubuntu / Feisty

José Luis Redrejo jredrejo at ...626...
Mon Jul 23 21:38:42 CEST 2007

2007/7/23, Gareth Bult <gareth at ...1689...>:

> Because this is the first .deb I've ever built and I'm unaware of
> "debianized sources".
>
> If you want to point me at some better /debian build files I'm all ears,
> but I couldn't find any which is why I started from scratch on Sunday ...

Ok, you don't have search too much to find them, the information is in the
download section of gambas.sourceforge.net and searching for gambas at
packages.debian.org.

So, downloading the three files that form the debianizated sources you just
need to do:
dpkg-source -x gambas2-xxxx.dsc
cd gambas2-xxxx
dpkg-buildpackage

And you'll get your deb packages, or it will warn you saying the exact
package names you need to install to build them all.

You can always get the debianizated sources from
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/gambas2 for the last version
release. I always upload them very few days (sometimes the same day) it is
released.

Regards.
José L.