[Gambas-user] update of autotools base installer for gambas2

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue Jul 17 16:10:30 CEST 2007

On mardi 17 juillet 2007, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> wow, I want more ;-)
> Seriously, some time ago I thought this would be useful to "normalize" the
> way packages are built from the gambas ide. Using autotools, all the
> packages only have to execute ./configure --prefix=/usr, make & make
> install to build the applications, instead of worrying of doing all the
> stuff from the packager.

Using autotools for installing gambas project is a good idea, but it breaks
package managers - They don't see such installations.

So there will be always the need of making gambas project binary packages.

Benoit Minisini