[Gambas-user] need a help with Ubuntu 6.06 LTS

José Luis Redrejo jredrejo at ...626...
Thu Jan 25 08:48:07 CET 2007

2007/1/24, Charlie Reinl <Karl.Reinl at ...9...>:

> I will install the trunk say at /opt/gambas/2/gambas-svn/
>
> Normaly on my gentoo box, I use a script which makes
> cd into gambas-svn
> svn update
> reconf_all
> configure
> and make as normal user
> for install I use "su -c 'make install'"
>
> all commands are written to a log-file like > "<name>.log 2>&1"
>
> What will be different on Debianbased systems?

Nothing will be different in that case. The "debianization" done is to build
debian packages that you can easily install or uninstall from repositories.
It just adds a "debian" directory to the original sources. If you are going
to compile the sources in the way you said, there's nothing related to
Debian, except that you must be sure you have all the build depedencies
installed. If you want to be know exactly what packages you need to build
gambas2 you can download the files:
http://apt.linex.org/linex/gambas/1.9.47/sid/gambas2_1.9.47.orig.tar.gz
http://apt.linex.org/linex/gambas/1.9.47/sid/gambas2_1.9.47-1.dsc
http://apt.linex.org/linex/gambas/1.9.47/sid/gambas2_1.9.47-1.diff.gz
and execute "dpkg-source -x gambas2_1.9.47-1.dsc" (dpkg-dev package has to
be installed to get the dpkg-source command).
Then you'll get a gambas2-1.9.47 directory that contains the original gambas
sources plus a directory called "debian". In that directory you can read the
file "control" that has at his header all the packages needed to fulfil the
building dependencies for the whole gambas sources tree.
And, if  you want to build debian packages from that sources there is only
one step plus:
execute "dpkg-buildpackage" inside the gambas2-1.9.47 directory.

Regards.
José L.