[Gambas-user] FW: install Gambas2 in suse 10.2

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Jan 16 16:06:30 CET 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 09:27, Jean-Yves F. Barbier wrote:
> > configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
> the log speaks by itself: you don't have any compiler

I think the fact that this happened speaks for itself:
non-technical users (and even technical ones that aren't
familiar with development tools) shouldn't be expected to build
their own software.

My time is starting to free back up, so I hope within a week or
so I can get Mandriva 2007 on this laptop (sorry, Ubuntu
advocates, but there are some ways in which Mandriva is just
more polished even if it doesn't have the user base... so I'm
going back after 6 months of Ubuntu and Kubuntu use) and start
building packages again.  Won't help this problem of Javier's,
but at least he'll be all set on his other system.

Rob