[Gambas-user] mysql MEDIUMTEXT and LONGTEXT as BLOB it's a bug?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jan 12 20:49:40 CET 2007

On Friday 12 January 2007 15:50, Lorenzo Tejera wrote:
> Gambas 1.9 detects in mysql server fields medium text and long text as
> blobs; and in 1.0 detects as string. Tiny text detects as normal string.
> This is a definitive change Beonoit? or is a bug? Because I must to
> redefine all medium text fields as tinytext if I want my code works as
> previous 1.0gambas code.
>
> Happy  new year benoit.
>
> Regards
> Lorenzo

The rule in gambas 1.9.x mysql driver is that long text are blobs, and small
or medium text are strings.

I did that because there is no difference between blob and text in mysql.

If medium text are seen as blobs, it is a bug. In that case, please send me a
dump of your database structure, and the gambas code that uses it, so that I
can debug. Tell me which version of mysql you use too.

Benoit Minisini