[Gambas-user] Optimalisation of default name property after copy of a control

ron ronstk at ...239...
Wed Dec 12 11:28:43 CET 2007

On Wednesday 12 December 2007 11:00, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On mercredi 12 décembre 2007, wig wrote:
> > In the IDE it would be interesting if, after making a copy of a control,
> > the Name property would default to a copy of the name property of the
> > copied control, plus let's say a number.
> >

> > Example:
> >
> > The IDE helps giving good names with giving a standard name, like for the
> > LCD control a new control gets the name "LCDNumber1".
> >
> > When I adjust the control, I adjust properties like color, font etc, and I
> > give it a relevant name  for my application like "LCDChannel".
> >
> > The application screen needs repeating similar controls, so I copy the
> > control.
> >
> > Existing LCDNumber control "LCDChannel"
> >
> >  copy ctrl-c, paste ctrl-v
> >
> > result "LCDChannel1"
> >
> > (=what I would like it to be)
> >
> > instead of "LCDNumber1"
> >
> > Probably a typical question of a simple GUI user who doesn't use code for
> > making the controls ...
> >
> > Wim
> >

> No problem for changing the default behaviour, but I think other users should
> give their opinion before.

This is one of the nice things from VB/MSAccess I miss.
The copy does not use the orginal control template but the customized
available. (I know it is the orginal in fact)

VB/MSAccess does not only the name but also font/color/size
With the form editor in Access you can adjust set all (including the name)
the properties for the control in the control/tool -box to a house style.
It can also saved so every form inside the same project can use it.
Then all next actions of putting controls on the form uses the house style.

For gambas using the copy/past here only the position and name need a change
by the IDE and all (almost) other can be the same.

I vote for this

Ron (cheese)