[Gambas-user] Optimalisation of default name property after copy of a control

Dominique SIMONART simonart.dominique at ...11...
Wed Dec 12 11:10:47 CET 2007

Benoit Minisini a écrit :
> On mercredi 12 décembre 2007, wig wrote:
>
>> In the IDE it would be interesting if, after making a copy of a control,
>> the Name property would default to a copy of the name property of the
>> copied control, plus let's say a number.
>>

>> Example:
>>
>> The IDE helps giving good names with giving a standard name, like for the
>> LCD control a new control gets the name "LCDNumber1".
>>
>> When I adjust the control, I adjust properties like color, font etc, and I
>> give it a relevant name  for my application like "LCDChannel".
>>
>> The application screen needs repeating similar controls, so I copy the
>> control.
>>
>> Existing LCDNumber control "LCDChannel"
>>
>>  copy ctrl-c, paste ctrl-v
>>
>> result "LCDChannel1"
>>
>> (=what I would like it to be)
>>
>> instead of "LCDNumber1"
>>
>> Probably a typical question of a simple GUI user who doesn't use code for
>> making the controls ...
>>
>> Wim
>>

> No problem for changing the default behaviour, but I think other users should
> give their opinion before.

I'm OK to change
If you use the ...Number1 form, this imply you don't care about the name
of your control so it doesn't matter you change the behavior or not
if you use the ...Personal1 form, this is of course important to
duplicate the right name!
my 2 cents
Dominique