[Gambas-user] About the Gambas article

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri Dec 7 15:23:00 CET 2007

On Friday 07 December 2007 08:22, wig at ...1809... wrote:
> It might help to give it the right "Section"; probably they don't
> see it as news for the frontpage, but it might have more chance on
> the "developer" page.  At least Gambas 1.0 got mentioned at the
> time: http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/10/26/142212

I submitted it to the developer section back then, but it got onto the
main page anyway and the site went down for half a day or so.
Something to keep in mind (though since we're hosted on Sourceforge,
we're kind of at the mercy of their servers' capacity.)

Maybe I'll wait a day or two and submit an article referencing my
previous one.  But I suppose reaching production status for the first
time is more compelling news than releasing a 2.0 version, no matter
how much better it is now.

Rob