[Gambas-user] About the Gambas article

wig at ...1809... wig at ...1809...
Fri Dec 7 14:22:51 CET 2007

As I tried to submit news to slashdot once, I noticed the chance to get it
published is small: they have a huge offer of ideas and news.

It might help to give it the right "Section"; probably they don't see it
as news for the frontpage, but it might have more chance on the
"developer" page.  At least Gambas 1.0 got mentioned at the time:
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/10/26/142212

I missed the article (or the link to it), I haven't read it but I suppose
it  is the announcement of Gambas v 2.0.  If you submit news about
yourself to slashdot, they probably just see it as publicity.  It is
stronger if someone from outside the project does it.

They mostly publish articles that say a little bit more than just "there
is a new version of..".  Often it sounds more like (just improvisation):

"As MS abandons Visual Foxpro, lots of developers have to look for another
RAD environment.  New projects still have lots of IDE choice outside LAMP,
but how to combine good database, low price and maximum freedom?
_Remember_ the interesting alternative on Linux: Gambas now reached its
2.0 release; the IDE is made in Gambas itself."

(where _Remember_ =link to slashdot 1.0 item)

For Gambas it's just important to be mentioned, the context might even
talk about other basics, other RAD's etc.
And important of course, the link to the site. (but then your site will be
down afterwards although Development section might give less stress than
the general news section)

I do think you deserve to - and should be able to get mentioned on
slashdot with the news of the 2.0 release.

More exposure (like witness publications of projects realised in Gambas or
succesfull migration to Gambas) might attract the attention of Slashdot
authors.  Maybe a job for gambas-users ...

Wim

Belgian/Dutch discovering Gambas notes on gambas.noxqs.org