[Gambas-user] Re; Domain names

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Aug 22 19:59:20 CEST 2007

On mercredi 22 août 2007, Gareth Bult wrote:
> Ok,
>
> Changing the look will be non-trivial, however, if you really want to give
> it a bash, *please* use comments rather than deleting anything - so it can
> be put back if there are problems.
>
> Top right hand corner - "Site Setup"
> This will give you access to stuff you can generally change without
> breaking much
>
> Towards the bottom "Zope Management Interface"
> Now you're playing with nukes.
>
> Portal_Skins
> Custom
>
> this is where my changes are .. some are dead, some are from other
> machines, some are in use.
>
> The CSS is in "ploneCustom.css2 (he says making a copy)
> The main template is "main_template" (he says making a copy)
>
> The main_template is TALES, *not* HTML .. I would advise against changing
> this. There are a couple if buts in the main template that should probably
> move to CSS, probably worth letting me know if you want to change the main
> template and give me chance to put it in css.
>
> ONE breakage in main_template breaks the entire site. (it's syntax checked)
>
> You'll find the background is in "background.png", and global images like
> the frapper logo are also present - these should be relatively safe to
> change, with reason. (the main logo is logo.png)  Image sizes will
> obviously affect the layout ...
>
> (!)
>
> Gareth.
> --
> Managing Director, Encryptec Limited
> Tel: 0845 25 77033, Mob: 07891 389657
> Email: gareth at ...1689...
> Statements made are at all times subject to Encryptec's Terms and
> Conditions of Business, which are available upon request.

I will read the plone documentation and howto at plone.org before starting to
change anything.

I'd like to know if it is possible to create a new skin for the site that
looks like http://gambas.sf.net, and if I can force this style by specifying
it the URL. This way, I can integrate some pages of the new site into the
current one transparently, as I did with some pages of http://gambasdoc.org.

Benoit Minisini