[Gambas-user] Re; Website ...

Gareth Bult gareth at ...1689...
Wed Aug 22 09:53:16 CEST 2007

Hi,

Sure, bear in mind that so far it's 5-6 hours work from scratch and that's mostly transferring content over. The layout, what appears on the hope page etc is all flexible .. the main "design" issue was the framework .. page width, colour scheme, columns, logo etc ..

I'll do some more tweaking today ...

Gareth.

--
Managing Director, Encryptec Limited
Tel: 0845 25 77033, Mob: 07891 389657
Email: gareth at ...1689...
Statements made are at all times subject to Encryptec's Terms and Conditions of Business, which are available upon request.

----- Original Message -----
From: "ron" <ronstk at ...239...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2007 10:05:18 PM (GMT) Europe/London
Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] Re; Website ...

On Tuesday 21 August 2007 18:44, Gareth Bult wrote:
> >Is it possible to have the same look as in http://gambas.sf.net?
>
> Urm, define "the same look" ? What I was looking for was something that would look "professional" on the context of current sites .. at the moment although Gambas is good, the site doesn't make it "look" good ...

I think I do understand Benoits point.
The 'Professional good' as you say is not bad but there is also a 'Functional good' way.
That is the menu at the current gambas website, and are mostly in conflict with each other.

The first look nice and the second mostly not but the information is in short with more
overview to find you required stuff quickly.
That is how I (not a professional) prefer a site most times.
I hate to step trough 4 menu click to find the main page for the required (importand) stuff.

Just for fun take a look at my providers website http://www.tiscali.nl and you will see.
They behave like professionals but....
Be carefull with clicking because items on unexpected places inside the 'good' stuff are
advertisements despite they have a small corner marked as advertisements.

> Gareth.
> --

For the current test site.
It looks not bad and it is nice you set it up in so short time.
One site for the maillist, forum, examplecode and etc sounds good to me.

Ron