[Gambas-user] Problem with the mailing-list

Gareth Bult gareth at ...1689...
Mon Aug 20 02:06:19 CEST 2007

Mmm, Ok ...

* A web server
* Statistics on server access and downloads

This would be fairly easy as we use one Web front-end which then points of to various load-balanced back-end servers depending on the service involved and web stats is automatically provided. (although we generally add / recommend Google analytics too..)

* Mailing-lists like the one that are on sourceforge.net.

We don't currently do, but it's something we should be able to do fairly easily - I'll look into this.

* Gambas installed on the web server, with a mySQL database (or any other database server managed by Gambas), and CGI scripts.
* A ssh shell access.

Ok, for this we're probably going to have to give you a dedicated box as we don't have a box secured for customer shell access.
How quickly would you want to / be able to use this ?

.. Just as an aside;

I think Gambas is unbeatable when it comes to graphical applications, but I would never use it to run a web site, other than just to see if it could do it. (just because there's so much stuff one would need to code from scratch) You might consider using our application server for the website .. we can do any custom coding you need. (any coding needed would be python and it comes with MySQL access) We could have this running for you tomorrow ... I'm pretty sure it will do everything you need ... and it's multi-user, allows different people / groups to run their own pages, supports forums, bug trackers, images etc etc and updating is all "through the web".

Gareth.

--
Managing Director, Encryptec Limited
Tel: 0845 25 77033, Mob: 07891 389657