[Gambas-user] This is interesting...

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Apr 29 00:38:48 CEST 2007

On vendredi 27 avril 2007, sbungay wrote:
>    I have a shell command that executes ls, nothing too strange about
> that. I'm using Process_Read() to fetch the results of the command back
> to a string, which is then parsed. Pretty boring stuff here too. The
> interesting bit is that sometimes the results of the 'ls' come back from
> the Process_Read in  upper case... a definite no-no because, as we all
> know, the file names are case-sensitive.
>    Only way I have found to successfully get things back to normal (i.e.
> returning the mixed case result) is to shut down and restart GAMBAS. Is
> this a bug?
>
> Steve.

It seems that a lot of strange things happen on your computer with Gambas :-)

Eval() may have a bug, but I can't imagine how the interpreter can
deliberately convert process output to upper case! And what do you mean
by "shutting down and restarting Gambas"? Your project is executed in its own
process, so I don't see what you are talking about.

I think you should be far more precise, otherwise I will never understand what
happens on your machine!

Benoit Minisini