[Gambas-user] stock error: cannot find language and tools (language error solved)

Frank Berg frankberg at ...390...
Sun Apr 8 08:41:50 CEST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Berg" <frankberg at ...390...>
To: <gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 10:10 PM
Subject: [Gambas-user] stock error: cannot find language and tools

> Hi,
> i was today install the openSuse 10.2 final on my celeron 1300 with 600 MB
> ram
> i was add all neccasary to compile gambas2-1.9.48
> add the file profile.local to export of lang, language and lc_all to
> de_DE at ...33...
> there was no error while compiling
> but if i start gambas2 in an console terminal
>
> i receive the error: (twice)
> stock._get.239: Cannot find: language
> stock._get.239: Cannot find: tools
> stock._get.239: Cannot find: language
> stock._get.239: Cannot find: tools
>
> and if the IDE appears, the language is in english not in german.
> i was do same in suse 9.3 (gambas2-1.9.48)
> and opensuse 10.1 (gambas2-1.9.47)
> without errors
>
> what is different?
> frank

in suse 10.2 the language for root and user is different. the root is
allways in english but the user in the local language.
the profile.local is not uses for root.

in the file /etc/sysconfig/language the
ROOT_USES_LANG must changes from "ctype" to "yes"
and then add a line
ROOT_LANG="de_DE.UTF-8"

now my gambas2 is in german :-)

but:

the stock error 239 is the same, it is not affectet by change the root
language.

frank