[Gambas-user] so I explain me

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...9...
Fri Sep 29 01:53:08 CEST 2006

RON said : 'Can gambas have x, y, z while (you name it) does have.'

Better in that way :

I'v used 'xyz' with 'tralala' , and it was sooooooooooooooo  good, but it
don't work with gambas.

I stop, but I sended the mail, because:

I couldn't take my knowleg on sinclair-basic, DBase, DBase II, Dbase III,
DBASE IV, Clipper 86, 87 , Clipper 5.x , Turbo C and others, not directly use
from one to the next, and even not on gambas.

The way to write the code was at any time different, with the same result.

LET a = 10
Dim a = 10
a = 10
a := 10
etc.

So, sorry but If you change your car, the main functions are the same, but to
switch on lights, open the doors etc.are always different.

Have you ever written to BMW why they are different to your old Ford  ?

On Computers:
But don't panic, one thing is (mostly) right on every maschine,
a 'Syntax Error' is a Syntax Error (now is to find out) WHY
The Software or my Software.

On Cars:
The wheels (mostly) touche the ground.

But to balme it, that way:
"I'v used to do 'xyz' with 'tralala', it don't work with gambas."

Remember, that if ever you mean that the way you use the maschine is the right
one, and the maschine don't like it, to blame it is not the solution, the
maschine will not work with.

Charlie