[Gambas-user] Return values from (PostgreSQL) Database

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 23 10:01:48 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 06 September 2006 12:43, rolf wrote:
> Hi Ron
>
> > > how can I get every messages the postgresql database sent, especially
> > > when I ask the database to "EXPLAIN some query..." to evaluate if a
> > > statement is valid.
> >
> > Good question,
> >
> > It would be a good thing to have 2 types of Result.
> > The first one as is now a record type and the second
> > one simple the text as is returned by the sql server.
> >
> > This would be the result i.e. returned by MySQL with
> > all the '-' and '|' to represent the table grid.
> >
> > Could be named as .Responce and is just the responce
> > which is already internal available.
> >
> > After all not every responce is a table as with
> > 'Explain' is the case. :)
>
> So until now there is no way to get the (not table) results ;)
>
> So: Hello Benoit can you hear us?
>
> Bye
> Rolf

I'm not sure it is possible in a database-agnostic way, or not... What you get
by using database command-line tools is not what you get by using the client
libraries.

Benoit Minisini