[Gambas-user] Compiling Gambas 1.9.42 libXrender.la Problem

Daniel Campos dcamposf at ...626...
Tue Sep 19 09:32:27 CEST 2006

Hi:

The problem about libXrender.la has been reported for a lot of
programs, just look at google. It seems new versions of the main
distributions are removing that file (Debian, Ubuntu, Suse and
possibly more). I found this problem yesterday night while mixing some
etch packages in my sarge distro.

Finally, I found a quick fix: I edited the /usr/bin/libcairo.la file,
(a text file) and removed the reference to libXrender.la in there.
After that all compiled again without problems.

Daniel