[Gambas-user] A suggestion for simplifying the distribution of Gambas apps

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Thu Sep 14 22:32:52 CEST 2006

On Thursday 14 September 2006 15:28, Bob Warren wrote:
> running of apps represents the "shop window" of not only the
> apps themselves but also Gambas, I suggest that perhaps this
> question should be given greater priority than hitherto.

Well, my advice in that regard would be to start learning how C
libraries work and try to implement a proof of concept, as I did
when I discovered Gambas had no regular expression support
(resulting in the gb.pcre component) and with MDI (they didn't
use my work per se, but Gambas now has an MDI environment) and
so forth.

As with Linux itself, many of the ideas in Gambas came from
people outside the core development team, but usually the ones
that have succeeded have been accompanied by code.

Rob