[Gambas-user] Release of gambas 1.9.42

Ron Onstenk ronstk at ...239...
Wed Sep 13 19:19:16 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 19:44, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On Tuesday 12 September 2006 12:37, rolf wrote:
> > Hi Benoit
> >
> > > This release has many changes in the gb.qt component and gb.settings that
> > > will break your projects:
> >
> > What has happend with the TreeView control?
> > In my applicatin a click does not expand the item - the cursor keys must
> > been used. The cursor keys only expand an entry, but cannot been used to
> > move to the next element.
>
> Do you have more details? A project excerpt for example. Do you use Expand,
> Collapse or Select event handlers?

I do use it.

The treeview/columnview points to a bunch of subfolders.
I do read subfolders in the parent folder (the root line) only
if I expand the folder (clicking on the plus).
The SELECT is used to fill the listview part of the columnview.
The collapse is used to free the used memory of control data
which is used when the folder is EXPANDed.

i.e. root has 10 group folders
every group has 25 subfolders.
Those subfolders have between 10 and 2000 subfolders below.

More visible for you is when it is the root of the disk and
you click on the plus to expand the /usr directory.
Should I traverse the whole /usr and /usr/share, /usr/lib, usr/include
on start and I only need the /usr/local/bin map?

Do I understand that I have to traverse all!!!! those folders
now on start of the application and be not able to only
read those folder on 'SELECT' or 'EXPAND' events by choise of the
user ??????
Cant store all folder names, now stored in mysql, in memory of the box.

Then it will be the end of gambas for me, at least the project I
working on for my employer is over.

Sad Ron.