[Gambas-user] What do I need to run an application written with Gambas?

R. Stormo rohnny at ...1248...
Sun Oct 29 12:16:51 CET 2006

Andrea Grandi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the quick answer to my question would be "Install the latest version
> of gambas, off course!".
> But... is there a way to strip only the runtim from Gambas and
> distribute it with my application? For example... I have the latest
> development version of gambas (1.9.45) and I create an application.
> Now I want to distribute my application to another user. Does the user
> need to install Gambas 1.9.45 or does he need only a runtime? How can
> I create a runtime package?
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> --
> Andrea Grandi
> email: a.grandi at ...626...
> website: http://www.ptlug.org
> FON: FONero #69387

Hi.

I have tried to make a program to include what you need for your project.
Have a look at http://gambasforum.tk under code/application snippets.
It's called Runtime Installer. It do work under Ubuntu Dapper.

Regards Rohnny
    My Gambas Community http://gambasforum.tk