[Gambas-user] to : compile from svn

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Oct 22 00:39:03 CEST 2006

On Saturday 21 October 2006 23:36, R. Stormo wrote:
> Charlie Reinl wrote:
> > Salut,
> >
> > sorry send this from my box where I can't get mails, but write.
> >
> > Send you my scripts which works for me, on my gentoo BOX.
> >
> > svn-CheckOut and svn-Update are placed at /opt/gambas2
> > svnMake inside /opt/gambas2/gambas2-svn
> >
> > may be that helps
> >
> > Amicalment
> > Charlie

> Thank you for it but it did not work either.
>
> The problem I have is that reconf-all is giving me alot of errors.
>
> --snip
> aclocal: configure.ac: 0: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.ac: 0: macro `AM_CFLAGS' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.ac: 0: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.ac: 0: macro `AM_CFLAGS' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.ac: 0: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.ac: 0: macro `AM_CFLAGS' not found in library
> aclocal: configure.ac: 0: macro `AM_CXXFLAGS' not found in library
> configure.ac:10: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.
> autoheader: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in configure.ac
> configure.ac: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
> configure.ac: You should verify that configure.ac invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
> configure.ac: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,
> configure.ac: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal).
> configure.ac: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
> src/Makefile.am:3: `gblib_LTLIBRARIES' is used but `gblibdir' is undefined
> src/Makefile.am:6: unused variable: `gb_db_sqlite2_la_LDFLAGS'
> src/Makefile.am:10: unused variable: `gb_db_sqlite2_la_SOURCES'
> src/Makefile.am:5: unused variable: `gb_db_sqlite2_la_LIBADD'
> gb.db.sqlite3
> acloc
> --snap
>

> If I try to configure after reconf is ready I get this error
> ./configure
>
> configure: creating cache config.cache
> ./configure: line 1259: syntax error near unexpected token `bzlib2,'
> ./configure: line 1259: `GB_CONFIG_SUBDIRS(bzlib2, gb.compress.bzlib2)'
>

> Regards Rohnny
>
> My Gambas Community http://gambasforum.tk

I try to understand where the problem comes from, but I don't see at the
moment.

I generate the tar.gz source package by doing the same thing as Rohnny.

I do a checkout, I compile everything, and I use 'make dist' (with a tweak so
that symlinks are preserved).

Here is the versions installed on my Mandriva 2007:
* aclocal 1.9.6
* autoconf 2.59
* autoheader 2.59
* automake 1.9.6

aclocal generates the aclocal.m4 file that contains all m4 macros needed for
making the configure script from configure.ac. To do that, it analyzes the
configure.ac file to put only the needed macros, and not all ones.

With a few google search, it seems that you must install automale 1.9.x. As
you have automake 1.4 and automake 1.9 installed on your system, I suggest
that you check that you use the 1.9 version when running ./reconf.

Just type automake --version to see that. I think you use the 1.4 by default,
and so you get these errors.

Benoit Minisini