[Gambas-user] Fixed a minor mascot issue

Jose J. Rodriguez joe1962 at ...626...
Thu Oct 19 23:41:59 CEST 2006

On 10/19/06, Christopher Brian Jack <brian at ...1334...> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Benoit Minisini wrote:
>
> > > As the code states they are there to even the padding as the images have
> > > some apparent spacing at the left and top sides so the pads are there to
> > > balance it by putting some approximately equivalent padding at the right
> > > and bottom sides by slightly enlarging the form.
> > >
> > > Hardcoding isn't good but one line of source beats manually adding the
> > > space to all the images in the GIMP.
> > >

> > OK. Actually as the window has no border on KDE, and as I can move it freely,
> > I didn't notice the problem.
>
> I run gambas 1.9.44 on a Suse 10.0 sytem and a Debian system (Testing
> branch).  In Suse the form can be dragged past the screen borders but not
> on the Debian system (refused to move the mascot form beyond screen
> boundaries).  Both systems run KDE (3.4.2 on the SuSE 10.0 system
> and KDE 3.5 on the Debian system).

I haven't tried KDE 3.5.x yet, but IIRC from 3.4.2, this was something
that could be configured. I'm not at all sure anymore, since I've been
on XFCE 4.4 for a while, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Joe1962