[Gambas-user] Mascot Code

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Oct 15 21:47:25 CEST 2006

On Sunday 15 October 2006 21:14, Christopher Brian Jack wrote:
> What would be involved in making the mascot code into a component so that
> updating the crustacean's repetoire wouldn't require recompiling the
> entire IDE?

What's the matter with recompiling the entire IDE?

> Then have the IDE able to select one (or more) "mascot components" similar
> to how a project can select its operating components (like gb.form, gb.db,
> gb.net, etc.).
>
> So his existing behaviors could be placed into something like
> gb.mascot.animations and gb.mascot.reporterrors or somesuch.

Components are used for sharing important code with different project. Why
would you want to share the mascot?

Or maybe you want to have a generic component for making mascots?

> I'm thinking this would require the mascot being reimplemented in a manner
> similar to a form so that the plugins can be coded as event observers.
> Of course there's the issue of propogating events past each plug-ins, in
> sequence, until one acts on the event.
>
> A standard infrastructure for adding items to a mascot-global context menu
> would be required for plugins for such plug-ins as well.

I don't understand. Can you explain exactly what you need? Or show some
code? :-)

Benoit Minisini