[Gambas-user] Mascot Code

Christopher Brian Jack brian at ...1334...
Sun Oct 15 21:14:17 CEST 2006

What would be involved in making the mascot code into a component so that
updating the crustacean's repetoire wouldn't require recompiling the
entire IDE?

Then have the IDE able to select one (or more) "mascot components" similar
to how a project can select its operating components (like gb.form, gb.db,
gb.net, etc.).

So his existing behaviors could be placed into something like
gb.mascot.animations and gb.mascot.reporterrors or somesuch.

I'm thinking this would require the mascot being reimplemented in a manner
similar to a form so that the plugins can be coded as event observers.
Of course there's the issue of propogating events past each plug-ins, in
sequence, until one acts on the event.

A standard infrastructure for adding items to a mascot-global context menu
would be required for plugins for such plug-ins as well.

|  Christopher BRIAN Jack aka "Gau of the Veldt"  |
| oevna at ...1544...
Hi Spambots, my email address is sputnik at ...1334...
Hi Humans, my email address uses rot13 cipher