[Gambas-user] How to authenticate and switch to root user from within gambas application?

Jose J. Rodriguez joe1962 at ...626...
Wed Oct 4 08:15:09 CEST 2006

On 10/4/06, Fabien Bodard <gambas.fr at ...626...> wrote:
> look at the console example !
>
> you can run a virtual shell and then execute something in it !
>
> maybe it can work ! And you need it as the instance for the program need to
> be the same as the su one !

Thanks Fabien. I was starting to think my emails weren't making it to
the list, because I keep getting mail delivery errors from gmail. I'll
look at the console example. Best thing would be for the app itself to
"escalate" priviledge to root if it has the password. There should be
some api call to do this in Linux, but I can't find the info. Still,
even gksu calls su, lol. Problem is how to make sure the password
doesn't show up anywhere....

Regards,
Joe1962