[Gambas-user] Window Problem (Solved) and new minor problem

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Nov 1 18:49:04 CET 2006

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 02:55, jum wrote:
> >From Last E-Mail:
> > > The program stopped at Windo.move and Raise an error (Got Signal 11?).
> > > Is there any change for this command or this is a gambas bug?
> > > The Last version I use 1.9.32 (Quantum leap, eh). Currently I will try
> > > to use 1.9.41 (Least version I can download),may be I can report it if
> > > I have some time.
> >
> > Please upgrade to the newer release possible, and tell me if you have the
> > problem yet.
> > --
> > Benoit Minisini
>
> I already try 1.9.41 version, the error that raise is different, it mention
> about can not load TimeBox class.Because I not use any class at gb.form
> component, I disable it.But when I forgot to disable gb.form.mdi gambas
> lock up. After I kill it and restart again, I disable gb.form.mdi component
> and no error happen.
> Because I am curious about it, I try to enable gb.form again and I try to
> run my program again, and still no error happen.
> After the error disappear, I try to back to 1.9.44 version that previously
> report an error.And magically the error gone.I don't know what happen, may
> be because of the "quantum-leap" version change. Just for your information.
>
> Another minor problem that I have:
> I try to delete one of my tab on the TabStrip, but because there are still
> many control on it I must delete it first.But I failed to delete with this
> code:
>
> DIM child AS Object
> FOR EACH child ON tab.Children
> 	child.delete
> NEXT
>
> Currently I must reparent the children to tab.parent before I successfully
> delete it.The control in my tab is Panel, Button and Tableview.
>
> Regards,
>
> L.Jumadi

Object deletion is deferred, so you have to do that at the moment.

The problem is in the TabStrip, that prevents destroying tabs having children.
This way, you don't destroy things without notice, but it seems it was stupid
to do that in the component instead of doing that at the IDE level.

I will change that for sure...

Benoit Minisini