[Gambas-user] SDL problems

Laurent Carlier lordheavy at ...512...
Wed May 24 17:53:54 CEST 2006

Le Mercredi 24 Mai 2006 17:42, Leonardo Miliani a écrit :
> A few days ago I changed my SUSE, from 9.3 to 10.1.
> Now I have problems compiling the SDL components of Gambas.
> Even if I have in my system the SDL packages bundled with Suse 10.1
> (SDL, SDL-devel, SDL_image, SDL_mixer, SDL_net, SDL_perl, SDL_ttf) I
> just can compile the CDROM SDL components, but during the compilation
> the configure script tells me that it cannot compile SDl image, SDL
> mixer and SDL opengl components. Here are the errors I get:
>
> ---------------------------
> "
> checking for SDL headers... /usr/include/SDL/
> checking for SDL libraries... /usr/lib/
> checking for SDL sound headers... no
> checking for SDL sound libraries... no
> configure: WARNING: *** SDL sound is disabled
> checking for SDL 2D image headers... no
> checking for SDL 2D image libraries... no
> configure: WARNING: *** SDL 2D image is disabled
> checking for SDL OpenGL headers... no
> checking for SDL OpenGL libraries... /usr/lib/
> configure: WARNING: *** SDL OpenGL is disabled
> "
> -------------------------
> I also tried to download and manually install libSDL from sources but I
> got same errors.

You got a lot of chance :) i've just move my laptop to suse ... 10.1 and the
solution is :

You must add a ftp/http repository to yast because dvd/cd doesn't have the
devels packages of SDL libs (ttf,image,...).

Open Yast2 -> Change Install support -> add -> FTP -> into server name :
ftp.belnet.be/mirrors/ftp.opensuse.org/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/inst-source/

Now you should have access to devel files :)

jabber : lordheavy at ...943...
mail : lordheavymREMOVEME at ...626...