[Gambas-user] Why 1.9.x doesn't show up

Eilert eilert-sprachen at ...221...
Tue May 23 10:37:53 CEST 2006

Morning, Benoit,

is there a log file by the gbx2 binaries where I might find a hint to
what causes Gambas2 to not show up on my system?

Or can I start it with an option that gives error messages?

You'll remember: since you introduced MDI, Gambas will run like "hidden"
on my system, i. e. it's running but you cannot see any windows (the
only thing you get to see is the greeting window).

By the way, the dancing symbol KDE produces doesn't stop, so KDE never
knows that Gambas2 has started. But the binary is in the list of
processes, and if you just log out and log in again, Gambas will pop up
and greet again.

But there should be a way to find out where it hangs... :-) Maybe some
too old library or something missing on my system?

Regards

Rolf