[Gambas-user] Italian special chars bug?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat May 13 20:16:37 CEST 2006

On Friday 12 May 2006 00:51, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> Hi, all. Hi, Benoit.
>
> After hours of wondering why in certain Gambas2 projects I was able to type
> "à ù ì è ò é" and in some other I wasn't, I finally discovered the reason.
>
> If in a Gambas2 project I add the component "gb.qt.ext", then I'm not
> able to type in the editor those Italian special chars (look at attached
> bad.jpg) and I get instead funny chars.
>
> If I remove from the project properties the "gb.qt.ext" component and
> restart Gambas2, then I'm able to see and type the special chars
> (good.jpg).
>
> No problem with this component in the stable Gambas.
>
> To the Italians in the list: please, try to add the gb.qt.ext component to
> a project, then restart Gambas2 and re-open the project: see if your are
> able to type "à ò ù ì é è". (To know if this is a general problem or a
> problem of mine - thanks).
>
> Gambas2 1.9.28
> Qt 3.3.2
> KDE 3.4.2
>
> Regards,
>
> Stefano Palmeri

Very strange...

1) I couldn't reproduce the problem.

2) If you add any component to a project, this won't change anything in the
IDE, so there is no reason why characters should change.

3) Moreover, everything is stored in UTF-8, so please check that the contents
of your source files were not changed by something other.

Benoit Minisini